Bhawna Welfare Foundation mission is how can stop the poverty of India. Poverty is a national problem and it must be solved on a war footing. The government is taking a number of steps to mitigate poverty. Eradication of poverty would ensure a sustainable and inclusive growth of economy and society. We all should do everything possible and within our limits to help alleviate poverty from our country.
(1) Population Control: Population in India has been increasing rapidly. Growth rate of population is 1.8%. For removal of poverty the growth rate of population should be lowered.
(2) Increase in Employment: Special measures should be taken to solve the problems of unemployment and disguised unemployment. Agriculture should be developed. Small scale and cottage industries should be developed in rural areas to generate employment.
(3) Regional poverty: In States like Orissa, Nagaland, U.P and Bihar etc. the percentage of the poor to the total population is high. Govt. should give special concession for investment in these regions. More PSU’s should be established in these states.
(4) Problem of Distribution: The public distribution system (PDS) should be strengthened to remove poverty. Poor section should get food grains at subsidized rates and in ample quantity.
(5) Fulfillment of minimum needs of the Poor: Govt. should take suitable steps to meet minimum needs of the poor e.g., supply of drinking water and provision of primary health centers and primary education.
(6) Increase in the productivity of the Poor: To remove poverty, it is necessary to increase productivity of the poor. The poor should be given more employment. More investment should be made in public and private sectors to generate employment.
(7) Changes in techniques of Production: India should adopt labour intensive techniques of production. We should have technical development in our economy in such a way that labour resources could be fully employed.
(8) Stability in Price Level: Stability in prices helps to remove poverty. If prices continue to rise, the poor will become more poor. So Govt. should do it best to keep the prices under control.
(9) Development of Agriculture: The agriculture should be developed to remove poverty. Rapid rate of growth of agriculture production will help to remove urban as well as rural poverty. Agriculture should be mechanized and modernized. Marginal farmers should be given financial assistance.
(10) Increase in the rate of growth: Slow rate of growth is the main cause of poverty. So growth rate must be accelerated. In 2003-04 the growth rate has been 6.5% despite that 26% of population remains below poverty line.
Do you have the passion to contribute towards the country's progress? Join us! Join the Bhawna family to be the successful volunteer. We are always welcome to the passionate, self-motivated and energetic person to be our part.